Monday, August 2, 2010

What the Font



With my educational and professional background of the past decade in paper and press, one might say that my first love is type. And if there is a thin line between love and hate, I would venture to say that I love, (and loathe) all types of fonts. In college, I would spend days upon days letterpress printing - setting type, pawing through job trays of lead type, learning about each curve and line of every specific serif and sans serif I could get my hands on. Nowadays, I am more likely to be pouring over a cookbook, which is surely Times New Roman or the like, than found in the studio. Every now and then I have to get my fix, and after watching Objectified last night, I woke up with the design bug and had to play with some type on My Fonts. Looks like I might need to spend a couple of days printing to get this bug out of my creative system!

Images via My Fonts (top to bottom) Apricot, Londonderry Air, Gatlinberg Gossamer NF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails