Friday, July 30, 2010

Sunshine in a Jar

Working weekly farmers markets this summer, I've gotten to know some of the local farmers - and moreover, been able to sample most of this summer's gorgeous bounty at it's peak. Earlier this season, when strawberries were ripe for the pickin', I was gifted some 'bruised' early berries. Needless to say, I was giddy since I had already had jam on the brain. I followed a quick and great recipe using no pectin. The result was so pure and fresh I had to eat it right then and there. We whipped up some fresh ricotta, toasted some crusty bread and on top, enjoyed dollops and dollops of juicy strawberry jam. With a crisp glass of chilled sancerre, it was a beautiful dinner. Sometimes (actually, most of the time), it really is the simple things.

And while I'm jamming, be sure to check out this great post on learning to can from new blog on the block, {every}nothing wonderful (today she talks cheese!). Happy weekend!

Image via fineandlovely (excuse the poor iphone shot!)

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails